Parent/Guardian/Student Acceptable Use Policy
for PowerSchool Parent Access
- All of these conditions are applicable to student access, as well as parent/guardian access.
- The sole purpose for PowerSchool access is to provide academic/attendance data to parents/guardians for only their Middle School or High School child.
- It is the sole responsibility of the parent/guardian to protect the security of this username and password. Parents may choose to provide their child his/her own username and password so the student can also view their attendance and grade information. The district accepts no responsibility in the event the username/password is shared, given, stolen, or in any other way becomes the possession of a person other than the parent/guardian/student.
- Only the parent/guardian is given the access information via U.S. mail. The district does not give this information in person, via phone, email, or fax.
- Users must realize that email and other communications via the Internet are not guaranteed to be private and are subject to Federal and State education laws.
- Users shall not attempt to use a username and password that has been assigned for use of another individual.
- Parents/guardians who would like to meet regarding an issue with a teacher should schedule a meeting via the office.
- Parents/guardians should be sensitive to the student load of teachers when contact them: excessive e-mailing can be detrimental to the lesson plan preparation of the teacher.
- Parents/guardians of students at the high school or middle school should encourage their child to make first contact with the teacher when making a grade inquiry. This contact should occur at a time when the teacher is not teaching.
DISCLAIMER: This system is provided as a convenience. The data is the property of the Lake Shore School District and is available ONLY to parents/students currently attending Lake Shore Middle School or High School. Grades and other information provided by this system are not official records and may or may not be accurate. For official grades and student records, please contact your child’s school.